Cart 0

Congratulations! Your order qualifies for free shipping You are £10 away from free shipping.
Sorry, looks like we don't have enough of this product.

Pair with
Subtotal Free
View cart
Shipping, taxes, and discount codes are calculated at checkout

UNDEFEATED HEAVYWEIGHT MOSES ITAUMA PARTNERS WITH OPRO AHEAD OF IBF WORLD TITLE FIGHT

UNDEFEATED HEAVYWEIGHT MOSES ITAUMA PARTNERS WITH OPRO AHEAD OF IBF WORLD TITLE FIGHT

British heavyweight visits OPRO headquarters to work directly with founder Dr Anthony Lovat on perfecting his mouthguard ahead of his 29 August world-title showdown with Filip Hrgović. 

Undefeated British heavyweight Moses Itauma has partnered with OPRO ahead of his first world-title challenge, visiting the mouthguard specialist’s Hertfordshire headquarters to work directly with founder Dr Anthony Lovat BDS on the mouthguard he will wear when he faces Filip Hrgović for the vacant IBF heavyweight world title. 

The 21-year-old, who boasts an unbeaten professional record of 14–0 with 12 knockouts, will face Hrgović at The O2 in London on Saturday 29 August in the biggest fight of his professional career. 

Currently ranked No.1 by both the WBA and WBO and No.3 by the WBC, Itauma has rapidly established himself among the leading contenders in the heavyweight division. 

His visit to OPRO provided a behind-the-scenes look at another important element of his preparation, with Itauma working closely with Dr Lovat and the OPRO team to refine the fit, shape and feel of the mouthguard he will trust for his world-title fight. 

The fitting saw Itauma provide direct feedback to Dr Lovat and the OPRO team, allowing them to make detailed refinements around comfort, retention and fit. 

The partnership brings together one of boxing’s most exciting young heavyweights and a British mouthguard specialist with almost three decades of experience protecting athletes at every level of sport. 

OPRO was founded in 1997 by dentist Dr Anthony Lovat and has since provided mouthguard protection to more than 15 million athletes worldwide. Earlier this year, the company was awarded a King’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation 2026 in recognition of its Instant Custom-Fit mouthguard technology. 

For Itauma, the partnership comes at a pivotal moment in his career. He enters his first world-title challenge following an emphatic fifth-round stoppage of Jermaine Franklin in Manchester in March, becoming the first fighter to stop the experienced American. 

With Hrgović now standing between Itauma and a heavyweight world championship, attention to every aspect of his preparation has become increasingly important. 

Dr Anthony Lovat, Founder of OPRO, said: 

“Working directly with an athlete like Moses gives us the opportunity to understand exactly what he wants from his mouthguard. At this level, the smallest details around fit, comfort and retention matter. 
 
Moses can put the mouthguard in, tell us exactly what he is feeling and we can work together to refine it. That’s what makes having him here at OPRO HQ so valuable. 
 
He’s an exceptional young athlete with an enormous opportunity ahead of him, and we’re incredibly excited to support him as he prepares for his world-title fight.” 

Moses Itauma said: 

We have been trying to work with best in class across the board and I think we have found that with OPRO.” 

The visit was captured behind the scenes, documenting Moses and Dr. Lovat working together throughout the fitting process and offering an insight into the expertise and attention to detail behind mouthguard protection at the elite level. 

Itauma will challenge Filip Hrgović for the vacant IBF heavyweight world title at The O2, London, on Saturday 29 August 2026. 

Best Sellers

Slide image
 
Slide image
 
Slide image
 
Slide image